Search Me!

Think about it...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

HOM: Nice While It Lasted

The first year or two in the book business were great -- the best of our marriage. The main reason was that there was money, unfortunately it was mostly the money from the land sale that I thought would last for years. It didn't. In the early years of the store we barely squeaked by while we were trying to build up inventory and customers so part of that reserve went for necessities. A lot more went for clothes jewelry, and accessories for Lyn, and a LOT more went for her new hobby: doll collecting. When that nest egg was gone, the partnership developed problems. Lack of money compounded the existing problems at home so I missed more work, but I needed more money to get by. Jerry ended up doing more than his share of the work and I ended up taking more than my share of the money, thus I created more than my share of the problems. I was caught in one of those notorious positive-feedback loops and it didn't take too long for things to spin out of control. TBC (Me) (Blacktail Books)

0 comments:

 
...