Search Me!

Think about it...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

JJ: Odd April Thoughts

I note with interest the folks mentioned in the news who are abandoning their kids at hospitals, police stations, convenience stores and Russian embassies. The only time I abandoned Bec, I picked a locally-owned fast-food drive-through on the west edge of town. I did it wrong . . . It was just the two of us in my old Datsun, me in the front and her playing in the back, and we stopped to grab a quick meal onthe way home. While I was at the window, Bec told me she had to visit the ladies' room, hopped out and went in. A couple of minutes later the waitress handed me our order and I deposited it on the seat and drove away. I was almost to Main Street when I realized that I'd told Bec to reach up and grab her food and she hadn't. After I yelled at her for the third or fourth time for not answering me it dawned on me that I hadn't seen her climb back into the truck. After one hasty U-turn and running a couple of too-long-red lights and I was back at the restaurant where a tear-stained and unhappy little girl was waiting for me. The girls at the drive-up had given her a free coke and assured her that I'd be back for her, and they were right. And that is my story and I am sticking to it. TBC (Me)

0 comments:

 
...