Search Me!

Think about it...

Monday, March 23, 2009

HOM: Ends & Beginnings

Les Truman had some health problems & GC went through some bad times. I don't remember or know all the details, but Les' son, John, came back from Wyoming to help run the plant, there was an attempted sale & repossession, and things got pretty rocky. I followed Wayne's lead and went job hunting, though I was still on the GC payroll. Becky was diagnosed with Pyloric stenosis, a narrowing of the pylorus, the lower part of the stomach through which food and other stomach contents pass to enter the small intestine. We took her in to the doctor because she'd been vomiting, and it had developed into projectile vomiting. The fights with Lyn and my resulting practice at dodging paid off a little for me -- I usually avoided getting sprayed. Bec had great range, but no accuracy... Dr. Wildgen was looking at her when she demonstrated the vomiting. It was the first time I ever heard the good doctor swear! He decided she needed an operation. Luckily GC was still carrying our medical insurance. This developed into one of our worse fights, but Bec had the operation and was fine afterward. At about the same time, Lyn left Kalispell News Agency & went to work in the office at Sears, out by Kmart. TBC (Me) (Blacktail Books)

0 comments:

 
...