Search Me!

Think about it...

Friday, February 26, 2010

Thank God for Schweitzer

If he had caved to the feds, here is what you would need to get/renew a drivers license: To get a new ID or driver's license, here's what you need:

One of the following:

A certified United States birth certificate (hospital birth certificates are not accepted); a valid U.S. passport; a consular Report of Birth Abroad; a certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570); or a certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561).

One of these to prove your social security number:

W-2 form; paycheck; or any 1099 form.

Two items showing your home address:

Many documents are acceptable, from a mortgage statement or voter ID card to a utility bill or a car insurance policy.

Can I renew online?

You must visit an office to get a new driver's license:

•If you are applying for your first driver license or identification card

•When your current credential expires and you have already used the one-time "convenience" renewal option

•If you legally change your name (eg: by marriage or divorce)

If none of these apply then you can renew your license online, or by mail.

Still confused?

Go to to do a customized search to find your exact requirements.



Linnea said...

It's actually not all that different than what it is now, but still... why complicate things further? For once I agree with you. :D