Search Me!

Think about it...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Health Care Bill

So - here is the link to the whole thing as a pdf file. I bet if YOU read the whole thing, you'll have done something 90% of the folks that have to vote on it have NOT done. No, I don't really have an opinion of this bill. Our medical system sucks, badly, and SOMETHING needs to be done, I'm just not sure I trust the government to get it right. I'm afraid they might come up with another "cash for clunkers" system, which I thought was an okay idea till I read the details. The "clunkers," a lot of which are better than what I drive, are being destroyed. The engines have to be demolished within 24 hours, and any other parts salvaged must be sold within weeks and then the rest of the vehicle is crushed. This is a STUPID plan! Environmentally crappy and designed to benefit the auto makers and the unions that backed the present administration, not the general public. Much better to sell or give them to folks that need a car but can't afford one, or fully recycle the used parts, of which the engine is the most valuable. Recycling should be a higher priority than it is. (Me) (Blacktail Books)

0 comments:

 
...