Search Me!

Think about it...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HOM: LynWork

Lyn got a job at Kalispell News Agency, the wholesaler that supplied paperbacks and magazines to most of the retailers in the area. She had worked in the office of a trucking company when she lived in MA and was used to paperwork & handling inventory. A headline today reminded me of this job of hers -- "The Dogs Of War" was fresh off the presses then and one of the owners asked me to write a book review that would be published in the Interlake. I guess Lyn had told them that writing was a hobby of mine. It was the first thing I ever wrote that was published. The next review I did for them was for Heinlein's "Time Enough For Love." I loved the book but commented on the great number of typo's I found. That part of the review was deleted -- the boss said they'd be corrected by the time he got another shipment in. Since book dealers get refunds on unsold books & magazines by ripping the covers off, dumping the books/magazines and then sending the covers back to the publishers, Lyn kept me supplied with mutilated magazines to read till the boss complained and she had to stop. She worked with Charley Kuder's wife, Marilyn, there, so I actually met Marilyn before I ever knew Charley. It is a small world. TBC (Me) (Blacktail Books)

0 comments:

 
...