Search Me!

Think about it...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

HOM: Battling Texas

From Oklahoma City, we headed for Albuquerque with the idea of stopping in Amarillo, but we changed the plans. The decision was partly based on weather -- windy/rainy/snowy/gloomy -- and partly on the atmosphere in the pickup cab, which was stormy. Lyn & I were fighting and I made the executive decision to keep going. At that moment, all I wanted to do was get the trip over with. I think I burned out on driving & battling by the time we reached Tucumcari, and we spent the night there. (There were several of these little towns that had kind of a special meaning to me -- Tucumcari was the name of one of the Navy's hydrafoil gun boats, and was about the only thing the Navy had that was faster than the PG's I had been on. Gallup, ahead of us in NM, was the namesake of one of the Gunboats I had been aboard.) TBC (Me) (Blacktail Books)

0 comments:

 
...